Thursday, October 12, 2017

New Holiday Release at Simon Says Stamp - Making Spirits Bright!!

I'm pleased to share some cards that I made using the die that I received for this new Making Spirits Bright holiday release - it's called Pine Needle Wreath!  I have 2 cards - one in traditional Christmas colors, and the 2nd in a more modern lime and pink.


supplies: white, green, and Simon's Schoolhouse Red card stock, Pine Needle Wreath, Hero Arts Joy die, red pearls

I used Jennifer McGuire's layered die technique for this one, cutting the die 4 times from green card stock and layering it, using the negative of the die-cut to position the pine branches.

The next one is a more traditional use of the die, just cutting it from white cardstock, and aligning it over a lime one to let the branches show through.


supplies: pink, white, and Simon's Green Apple card stock, My Favorite Things Merry & Bright Plaid design paper, Simon's Pine Needle Wreath and Merry & Bright clear stamp sentiment, Altenew Puffy Heart ink, Lawn Fawn Stitched Scallop  Border die, bow die from MFT (retired) Spring Wreath, pink pearls

Be sure to visit the Simon Says Stamp store to see the rest of this newest release for the Holidays!

6 comments:

Steph Mitchell said...

I like the idea of the second card!! No wasting card or paper!

Ann Greenspan's Crafts said...

Both of your cards are so beautiful; however, if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the second one because I love the non-traditional colors.

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Lin - you have made great use of the die
Blessings
Maxine

Cat Craig said...

perfection LIn. love them both.

debby4000 said...

Your cards are fabulous, wish I brought this now.
luv
Debby

SueB said...

omigosh, this Christmas wreath is stunning; thanx for the inspiration!