Tuesday, July 4, 2017

In My Thoughts

It took me awhile to get the Kind Soul stamps, but I finally did, and here is my first use of them.


supplies: Simon Green Apple cardstock, Tim Holtz watercolor paper, Wplus9 Kind Soul flowers and sentiment from Modern Petunias, Zig markers (light blue, cornflower blue, light green, and yellow) and water, Hero Arts (retired) Stripe Background cling, stamped in Green Apple ink, adhesive foam squares, Tonic detail scissors

As you can see I'm no colorist, but I wanted to try these in my favorite blues, so I thought watercoloring would be my best bet.  For the most part, I dampened the area first, then touched the marker to it, and spread it with a wet brush.  I've always loved florals mixed with stripes, so I pulled out this old Hero Arts one and did a tone-on-tone background.  I fussy-cut the bottom only of the floral panel, using my new detail scissors, then popped it above the card base.  

Thanks for stopping by - hope your 4th will be a safe and happy one!

12 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful! Don't sell yourself short, your coloring is lovely!

Betty said...

lovely card Lin - great coloring and arrangement of the flowers - i color that way all the time with my zigs.

Cat Craig said...

I am loving that design for sure, will have to case it at some point. Love those blues as well Lin.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love your blues! And the pairing with tone-on-tone stripes. Makes me happy.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous watercolored flowers, Lin! Just love the stripes too!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is beautiful! Love the fresh greens and pretty blues!

Dawn T said...

Just beautiful Lin. Your watercolouring is perfect and love the stripes.

kiwimeskreations said...

How lovely Lin - this is beautiful, and I love how you have the floral panel 'hanging' over the stripes
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this beautiful, vibrant card Lin...amazing blues which I love.
you are amazing mf.
xx Karen

nancy dempsey said...

Pretty colors, beautiful card.

Helen L said...

that is a stunning card!! Hugs, H

CherylQuilts said...

Gorgeous card, Lin, and I love this set and how you've fussy cut the bottom portion and overlaid it on the stripes. Love the sentiments in this set too. Very inspiring, my friend! Hugs!